With my friend Sébastien Violier, we are working in our spare time on a game that we temporarily called “TSQ”.
TSQ has 3 core pillars:
· It’s a Boss fight game (Similar to Fury in its approach)
· It’s a tactical game played on a chessboard. (Eg: Disgaea, Dofus, Wakfu, Alchemy Stars)
· It’s a rogue lite (Similar to Slay the spire in its approach)
Regarding the 3C:
· Camera and Controller would be similar to Alchemy stars
· Character is unique and belong to our game.
· At the start of a run, the players can choose between a different type of character class, leading to specific gameplay.
· The players can choose a Boss to defeat between a proposition of 3 bosses.
· All bosses have their own patterns, strengths & weaknesses.
· They can pre-visualize the rewards they would get if they defeat successfully the boss in question.
· A boss defeated will never appear again in the proposition of 3 until the end of the run.
· Once every 3 bosses defeated, All the bosses level up of one “stage”: they are given stronger patterns & characteristics.
· There are 10 Bosses and therefore each of them have 4 different “stages”.
· The rewards are either level up of their class abilities OR runes that are acting like modifiers, adding characters or abilities characteristics.
· The players will constantly have choice to do:
· What class do they want to play with? (Ranged, Melee, Aggressive, Defensive, etc.)
· Which Boss do they want to defeat first?
· Which rewards do they want to accomplish their build order?
· On which of their spell are there putting their rewards? (Runes or Level up)
As we are both already working, the project takes its time, but we are really glad to work on it 🙂